Drageoir or candy dish in cut crystal most certainly from Creusot* or Baccarat, formed of a bowl on a pedestal, from the 19th century.
This bezel is in good condition. Nice quality. Unsigned.
Note: a few small scratches on the crystal, slight wear over time, see photos.
In 1787, the King's Council of State decided to transfer the Queen's Crystal Manufacture from Sèvres to Montcenis. Built according to plans by Barthélémy Jeanson, the buildings house workshops, offices, housing for administrators and workers as well as the ovens, installed in two conical halls. Until its purchase in 1832 by the establishments of Saint-Louis and Baccarat, the crystal factory enjoyed great influence. Eugène Schneider, who became manager of the Creusot forges and workshops, bought the buildings of the old crystal factory which he made his residence. The Château de la Verrerie, a Historic Monument, is owned by the town of Le Creusot.